ZINE SPOTLIGHT: THE INTERLOPER #1
Title: The Interloper
Author: Laina Dawes
Release: November 2012
Origin: Toronto, Ontario
Description by Laina: A collection articles, essays and interviews with people who are creating, participating and working in art scenes where it is commonly thought they don’t belong based on their ethnicity, gender, age or ability (physical and otherwise) but are making inroads in industries in which they are, perhaps unwittingly breaking new ground.
Table of Contents:
1. Welcome ( About)
2. Intruder, Pt. 1: Being a Black Audience Member at a concert in which the musical artists are black and the crowd isn’t.
3. Q&A: Tetrarch’s Diamond Rowe
4. Photo Gallery: Afropunk Festival 2012
5. Intruder Pt. 2: Black Writers who write about…..Being Black
6. Album Review: Neurosis, Honour Found in Decay
Here’s a sneak peek of the introduction (click the image to enlarge):
Point of awareness: POCZP member Ju